The Friends of Shawnee Town (FOST) support the Mission of the Museum and promote the programs that help ensure its future growth and success through volunteerism, fund raising and committee activities.
Funds from special events and Friends’ membership fees go into Museum programs like the Speakers Series and underwriting the costs of additional artifacts for the Museum.
Yearly Membership Fees
- Free admission to Shawnee Town 1929
- Time Traveler discounts at over 250 history museums across the nation
- Attend free Lunch Learn & History Sessions
- Advance notice of programs and events
- Invitations to members-only events
- Program discount
- Quarterly newsletter
- Friend Level – For residents includes privileges for all members of the family $35
- Business Level – Includes business listing in quarterly newsletter to all members $100
- Active Volunteer/City Employee Level – All active volunteers and city employees $25
To find out more, complete the Membership Application
. We’ll contact you to help answer any questions and, if you decide to join, finalize payment information and register you as a Friend.
The Friends of Shawnee Town Board
FOST is managed by a board of directors who
serve three-year terms. Between six and 10 members are selected from the membership; the Shawnee Town Museum Director, City of Shawnee Parks and Recreation Director, and a member of the City of Shawnee Parks and Recreation Advisory Board also serve on the FOST board.
The 2012 FOST Board includes:
Current FOST Committees:
- President - Kevin Fern
- Vice President - Elaine Copp
- Secretary - Philip Feil
- Treasurer - Cindy Ridgway
- Al Faltermeier
- Neil Holman
- Patricia Lyles
- Derrick Rieke
- Special Events
The board also creates short-term committees to manage special projects such as the annual craft fair and annual tomato roll.
If you are interested in serving on the development or membership / special events committees and have skills or background that could benefit these FOST board committees, please contact Shawnee Town